Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Movie Review!!!


Christmas Vacation

Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik

Starring: Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis,

Randy Quaid and Julie Louis-Dreyfus



It is a probably the longest and only family tradition of mine to watch Christmas Vacation after eating turkey on Thanksgiving.


Bethany: Is your house on fire Clark?

Clark: No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.


Sometimes two of us.


Clark: Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber.

Rusty: Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust.



Sometimes all 13 of us.


Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of no where and leave you for dead?

Eddie: Nahhh, I'm doing just fine, Clark.


This year was no exception.


Bethany: Don't throw me down Clark.

Clark: I'll try not to Aunt Bethany.



By far my favorite Christmas movie, although Elf and Home Alone aren't too far behind.


Eddie: You surprised to see us Clark?

Clark: Oh, Eddie, If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.


This movie is absolutely hysterical.


Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.

Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear?

Nora Griswold: Grace!

Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.

Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace.

[Bethany shakes her head in confusion]

Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING!

Aunt Bethany: [they all pause for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and...



Not to mention, I could probably recite this movie back in my sleep, which I probably do.


Clark: Hey kids I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on it's way in from New York City.

Eddie: [after a pause] You serious, Clark?


John Hughes, the screenwriter, wrote probably every cult classic 80's movie, even funnier, also wrote Home Alone.


Clark: [Clark is about to cut the rope holding the branches of his huge Christmas tree] I give you the Griswold family Christmas tree.

[He cuts the rope and the branches fly out breaking windows and surrounding Clark]

Clark: Lot of sap in here! Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lot of sap.



This is definitely a must see this and every holiday season.


[Todd Chester stares in horror at Eddie draining the RV toilet]

Eddie: Merry Christmas. Shitter was full.






Movie Review

Matthew K.

Matthew.K@IvanOrama.com



No comments:

Post a Comment