Thursday, July 2, 2015

I.O. TALKS WITH TORTOISE & BLONDE!


This is an interview and photos of Ivan wearing Tortoise & Blonde eyewear that is featured in Urban Outfitters.   


INTERVIEW BELOW
Artist 
Ivan Orama is a New York City based artist who has been creating 100% handmade items for the past thirteen years. During those thirteen years he has created interactive murals, wooden cassettes, coffee tables, street art, and hand painted canvases. For Ivan Orama, this is only the beginning as he continues his dream living by the law of RISK=REWARD!
THOUGHTS ON CRAFT
Creating pieces that strike an emotion in people is what I love to do. It is not easy, but hey nothing in life is. You are either working for someone else’s dream or your very own dream! YOU make the choice about what dream YOU focus on. 
HOW HE GOT HERE
Eating a lot of gummy bears, chicken wings with hot sauce on them, and never saying it can’t happen, plus always looking to get better. It has been an all-in thing for me since I was sixteen years old. Accomplishing goals and forgetting about them like they never happened. This will keep you humble and get your mind programmed to never think anything is enough. You have to work hard, sleep less, show action, never copy, and dream big! This is the process that keeps a regret-free life.
ON CHOOSING EYEWEAR
Frames that I can wear daily that make me look smarter but have that bang-boom booty shaking dope style is what I love to have on my bearded face.
RECENT PASSION
Getting ready for my next solo art show in NYC is what I have been focusing on; a lot of planning and trying to deliver something outside of the standard art show. Lets keep it real…no one likes the typical set up with cheap wine and boring people. For me it is all about creating a memory that people will never forget through delivering more. You have to create an experience! 
PHOTOS FEATURED IN U.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment